Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Got Em!


FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

We have been waiting and waiting and waiting. We waited for what seemed like forever today for the DNA results to come back. We go out to lunch at around 2pm and come back about an hour later. We come back to zero emails. 

We contact Joey (coordinator), who was in contact with the lab and they said they just sent the results to the embassy ten minutes ago. At the same time, I'm emailing Stella at the embassy. No reply. So we thought, we should just go. Just go and check it out. We can go back in the morning if we needed to. 

I quickly change to a more appropriate attire - pants and a button up shirt - for the embassy and quickly walk the four blocks or so. I made it there in fewer than ten minutes I think. I was just trying to get there as fast as possible. 

I get there and tell the guard I needed to
see Stella about the passports. They let me in and I go through the whole confiscating the cell phone thing and security and getting the visitor pass and make my way up. 

I finally get to talk to Stella and says their computers have been down for the past couple hours. They got online just as I got there. So she printed out the DNA results and hands them to Will (the CRBA Officer who interviewed me) and he begins to process the passports. It took maybe 20-30 minutes for them to print out. I was the only one in the waiting room. It was weird compared to Wednesday morning where it was packed full of people. While I was waiting, I noticed a sign that said "Maximum Capcity 49." There were definitely greater than 49 people Wednesday morning. 

After a little bit, Stella come walking out with two passports!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! I don't think I've ever been more excited to see two little blue booklets! It was exciting! 

Now, time to check the flights! We waited until we had passports in hand cause we've already gone down that road before where things are promised and never happen. We actually packed this morning on the off chance we got the passports early enough to catch the 245pm flight. 

ciao for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment